Last Modified: 1 October 2018
We are committed to safeguarding your personal and/or property data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Chapter 26) (the “Act”).
By disclosing your personal data on our Website, you agree to be included into our mailing list (the “List”), and thereby allow us to provide you with regular property-related updates and notifications via any electronic means (such as SMS or email) as well as phone calls.
These notifications may be general in nature, or personalised in accordance with the personal and/or property information furnished by you on the Website.
You may, at any time, elect to unsubscribe from the List by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject entitled “Unsubscribe from Mailing List”.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND PROPERTY DATA
- You may use and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using the Website, except as may be necessary for us to be able to provide the products and services which you have requested through our Website, respond to your requests, or in cases where you contact us directly.
- We collect personal data only when you provide it to us in the following situations:
- when you carry out any transaction with us on or in relation to the Website;
- when you register an account with us on the Website;
- when you contact our customer service or sales personnel; and
- when you subscribe to the services that we provide on the Website, our email notifications and/or newsletters.
- We collect property data only when you provide it to us in the following situations:
- when you carry out any transaction with us on or in relation to the Website, including without limitation, the browsing of, the listing of, the sale of, the marketing of and/or the bidding for, the property that is the subject of the property data; and
- when a potential buyer of the property, that is the subject of the property data, wishes to obtain a bank valuation on such property.
- We may collect certain information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access. This information is non-personally identifiable information (i.e. it cannot be used to identify you) and may be used by us, or by a third party advertiser, in tailoring advertising specifically for you.
- PURPOSES OF USE
- The personal and/or property data which you provide may be used and/or processed by us in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for the purpose of managing and operating the Website, the scope of which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- administering the Website;
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
- enabling your use of the services available on the Website;
- providing to you the products and services that you have specifically requested for;
- responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your email(s) and/or submission of form(s) on the Website;
- responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints regarding the use of the Website and/or any product or service provided by us;
- sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- performing office and operational administrative matters;
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users. Such statistical information may be used to personalise advertising on the Website, but cannot be used to identify any individual user;
- facilitating any transaction carried out with us on or in relation to the Website, including without limitation, the browsing of, the listing of, the sale of, the marketing of and/or the bidding for, the property that is the subject of the property data; and
- obtaining a bank valuation on the property that is the subject of the property data.
- We will not, without your express consent, disclose your personal data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Consent for disclosure of personal data to third parties, for the purposes of receiving marketing communications, is given through our registration form, which can be found online or in paper. If you have given your consent when registering as a member on the Website, you can withdraw your consent by contacting our customer service at email@example.com.
- We shall take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
- We shall store all the personal data you provide on secure servers.
- You however understand and agree that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website; any such transmission is performed at your own risk.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share the password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Website, as the case may be.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- In order to manage and operate the Website, we may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which includes our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties such as our service providers and professional advisors for the following purposes:
- to comply with any legal requirement;
- to protect our rights, property and safety, and the rights, property and safety of our affiliates and subsidiaries, and other users of the Website;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in connection with a business asset transaction (i.e. the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organisation, a portion of an organisation or any of the business or assets of an organisation) to which we are a party or a prospective party.
- IP ADDRESSES
When you use the Website, we may collect and store information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are used on the Website to distinguish you from other users of the Website. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Website. Cookies also allow us to improve the Website. All cookies which we send to you through the Website are set to expire in 2 years.
- UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE LIST
You may, at any time, elect to unsubscribe from the List by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject entitled “Unsubscribe from Mailing List”. We shall thereafter remove and exclude you from the List as soon as practically possible, and in any event, no later than three (3) working days after the date and time which your unsubscribe email is received in our server.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- Our privacy officer is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to personal data and amendment of personal data are properly dealt with in accordance with the procedures specified herein.
- All requests for information or requests for the amendment of personal data held by us shall be made by writing to us via email at email@example.com.
- We may refuse to disclose or amend any personal data for any of the reasons set out in the Act.
- As far as reasonably possible, we will endeavour to respond to your request within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request. If a response within the aforementioned period is not possible, you will be so notified within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website as the case may be.
- CONTACT US
Should you require further information about the treatment of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.